The City of Vancouver Public Art Program works to create opportunities, facilitates ideas for art, and enliven Vancouver’s public realm. This year, 2016, marks the 25th Anniversary of the program.
On June 1, 2016, staff presented Vancouver City Council with a substantial update addressing:
- The Public Art Program’s background, operations and funding
- General opportunities and vision
- An overview of projects currently underway, coming up, and planned for the future
- Council-requested information on opportunities for large-scale Signature artworks
- Next steps to achieving the aspirations of the program moving forward
View the presentation in PDF form (or, for those who prefer, watch the video recorded in Council Chamber) for insights into the program’s history, it’s current state and what we’re working towards for the future!
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CITY OF VANCOUVER PUBLIC ART PROGRAM
- Be nostalgic with us as we reflect on a range of works for our 25th Anniversary Public Art Retrospective published every two weeks during 2016
- The Platform Series returns in 2016 with commissions from 15 artists addressing the theme “Coastal City.”
- A general overview of the Public Art Program
- Explore the registry of Public Art works owned by the City of Vancouver
TALK TO US. WE’LL TALK BACK!
Share this news with your community of creatives! Make sure to tag us too!