The City of Vancouver’s Integrated Graffiti Management Program in partnership, with Coast Mental Health, is looking for an artist to facilitate the creation of a design with community participation and to produce the design as a mural on the north elevation (rear) of 337 West Pender Street in Vancouver.
- Facilitation, creation and design of a mural; submission of required documents for approval.
- Provide project management and community engagement throughout phases of the project.
- Coordinate the daily setup and take down of the supplies, materials and equipment.
- Secure and maintain supplies; ensure all expenses stay within approved budget.
- Develop and complete a work plan & budget.
- Provide a list of materials required.
- Provide labour to repair damage to the mural for two years after completion.
- Adhere to occupational health and safety policies and legislation, environmental compliance measures for materials, techniques, and all disposal methods in accordance with City policies, Government regulations and applicable Municipal, Provincial and Federal Laws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Up to $5,000.00 ($3000 for artist fees and $2000 for all other costs associated.
The incumbent will be selected upon the content included in the resume, cover letter, examples of previous work, and rough sketches of ideas incorporating the below theme, that enhances the local community, environment and contributes to the visual delight of passers-by and the visual quality of the city.
The mural must represent aspects of the downtown communities: Gastown, Downtown Eastside, Yaletown and Crosstown.
Submit in a single PDF document not larger than 10mb: a cover letter, resume and/or biography, and three photos of previous art work. You may include a link to a blog/web site with more images of your work, as well as a few rough sketches of your ideas incorporating the theme and any other relevant information by Sunday, June 26th, 2016 to:
Integrated Graffiti Management Program
320-507 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC, V5Z 0B4
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.